Choose from the American Red Cross Courses listed in the menu below for more information about each offered course.
All participants must provide their own bathing suit and towel for all aquatics class/course sessions.
Currently offered ARC Classes/Courses are as follows:
- Adult Learn-to-Swim (LTS)
- Learn the Basics: earn basic swimming strokes and skills needed to stay safe, and help keep others safe in and around the water.
- Improving Skills and Swimming Strokes: Participants will gain proficiency in basic aquatic skills and the six basic swimming strokes.
- Swimming for Fitness: Participants will learn to refine their front crawl, back crawl, breaststroke and turns to build endurance.
- Youth Learn-to-Swim (LTS)
- Learn-to-Swim Level 1 - Introduction to Water Skills: Students will learn how to feel comfortable in the water and safely enjoy it.
- Learn-to-Swim Level 2 - Fundamentals of Aquatic Skills: Children will learn basic swimming skills.
- Learn-to-Swim Level 3 - Stroke Development: Additional guided practice will help students improve their skills.
- Learn-to-Swim Level 4 - Stroke Improvement: Kids will gain confidence during swim lessons, improve their stroke and gain additional aquatic skills.
- Learn-to-Swim Level 5 - Stroke Refinement: Guidance allows kids to refine their strokes and become more efficient swimmers.
- Learn-to-Swim Level 6 - Swimming and Skill Proficiency: Students will learn to swim with ease, and efficiency, and gain the ability to swim smoothly over greater distances. Swimmers will also have the option to participate in more advanced courses.
Safety Training for Swim Coaches - COST: $25
The Safety Training for Swim Coaches course offers up-to-date content on safe sport policies, emergency planning and first aid, including: Maintaining a comfortable and safe environment for swimmers, preventing accidents and emergencies, and responding to ill or injured swimmers in water or on land.
***This course includes both an online portion and an in-water skills session. Individuals who are interested in taking Safety Training for Swim Coaches should complete the Safety Training for Swim Coaches - Online Content Only course. This course includes web-based delivery of content and an online exam. National coaching governing bodies including USA Swimming and Y USA require swim coaches to demonstrate in-water skills.
***When signing up for class the instructor will provide you with a code to take the online portion of the training. After this portion of the class is complete you will attend an in-person session to complete the water skills assessment.
Lifeguarding Preparation - COST: $75
Not ready for the Lifeguarding Course just yet? Need extra time in the pool to successfully master the Lifeguarding Pre-Requisites? Join us for a Lifeguarding Preparation Session, where we will work with you so you can successfully pass the required pre-requisites preparing you to enroll in the Lifeguarding Course.
Lifeguarding Course - COST: $250
The American Red Cross lifeguard training and certification program is the first step to get hired as a certified Red Cross lifeguard. Our detailed training includes both testing of hands-on skills as well as a written test. Upon successful completion of the Lifeguarding course, you will receive a Lifeguarding/First Aid/CPR/AED certification, which is valid for two years and is accepted nationwide.
Lifeguarding Review - COST: $195
Lifeguard recertification can be achieved with Lifeguarding Review classes that refresh your knowledge and skills and update your certification for another two years. To participate in the Lifeguard Review class you must have a current lifeguard certification, or certification expired by no more than 30 days.
Junior Lifeguard - COST: $75
Lifeguard American Red Cross Junior Lifeguarding is designed to guide youth to the American Red Cross Lifeguarding course by building a foundation of knowledge, attitudes and skills for future lifeguards. Participants are not required to master or perfectly execute skills. They should learn techniques and build stamina during this program. The Junior Lifeguarding course does not certify participants in first aid, CPR or AED or as a lifeguard.
*If there is an ARC course that we dont currently offer but you would like to take, please speak with us so we can make any accommodations possible to get you the training you want.